- EAS is a 6th – 8th grade middle school open to students who reside in the LWSD boundaries.
- EAS maintains a total base enrollment (6th, 7th and 8th grades combined) of 140 students.
- Enrollment at EAS is determined through a district-run lottery process.
- Due to the spiraling 3-year curriculum cycle at EAS, it is important that students who enroll in 6th grade commit to enrollment for the full three years of middle school.
- Adventure Education (camps and trips), Community Stewardship, and Wednesday Electives are core components of overall academics at EAS. Students may not opt out of these essential components of the EAS integrated curriculum.
- Parent volunteers are essential for the successful operation of the Adventure Education, Community Stewardship, and Wednesday Electives Programs at EAS.
- The costs associated with EAS Adventure Education, Community Stewardship, and Wednesday Electives programs exceed the per pupil allotment provided by LWSD and Washington state; therefore parent financial support is essential for the ongoing operation of these core components of the EAS integrated curriculum.
Connections to Finn Hill Middle School
EAS is a separate and autonomous school that is physically located on the same campus as Finn Hill Middle School (FHMS). EAS has its own administrative office, classrooms, restrooms and student lockers. EAS students have access to the FHMS cafeteria, library, gym and fields. EAS students are eligible for before and after school sports and activities at FHMS. EAS students follow the same campus rules as the FHMS students. Campus organized safety and emergency procedures are in place for both schools. We strive for pleasant and respectful relations with all Finn Hill Middle School staff and students