When and how can my child apply for the enrollment at EAS?
Keypoints about the Application Process:
- Application is only open to students whose residence is within the Lake Washington School District boundaries (LWSD) at the time of application.
- All LWSD resident students entering sixth grade are welcome to apply and must do so in the winter of their fifth grade year.
- Due to the spiraling 3-year-curriculum cycle at EAS, it is important that students who enroll in 6th grade commit to enrollment for the full three years of middle school.
- Placement is determined solely by a blind lottery system so that all who apply have an equal chance to attend.
- Those who are not admitted through the lottery process will be put on a waitlist for any potential future openings.
Steps in the Application & Registration Processes:
- Attend EAS Information Night. **The student applicant is strongly encouraged to attend this meeting with one or both parents.** Attendance is not required to apply.
- Student applicant must submit the online LWSD Choice School Lottery Application by the district-designated due date.
- LWSD will conduct the lottery and notify all applicants of their computer generated lottery number. Following notification, those whose lottery numbers fall within the admittance range must accept placement by the district-designated acceptance date in order to proceed with registration.
- Upon accepting placement, the student applicant and parent(s) will schedule and attend a Parent & Student School Tour as the first step in the Registration Process.
- All EAS Registration Forms must be submitted to complete the registration process.