KEYPOINTS ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Application is only open to students whose residence is within the Lake Washington School District boundaries (LWSD) at the time of application.
- All LWSD resident students entering sixth grade are welcome to apply and must do so in the winter of their fifth grade year.
- Due to the spiraling 3-year-curriculum cycle at EAS, it is important that students who enroll in 6th grade commit to enrollment for the full three years of middle school.
- Placement is determined solely by a blind lottery system so that all who apply have an equal chance to attend.
- Those who are not admitted through the lottery process will be put on a waitlist for any potential future openings.
STEPS IN THE APPLICATION & REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Attend EAS Information Night. **The student applicant is strongly encouraged to attend this meeting with one or both parents.** Attendance is not required to apply.
- Student applicant must submit the online LWSD Choice School Lottery Application by the district-designated due date.
- LWSD will conduct the lottery and notify all applicants of their computer generated lottery number. Following notification, those whose lottery numbers fall within the admittance range must accept placement by the district-designated acceptance date in order to proceed with registration.
- Upon accepting placement, student applicant and family must complete and submit all EAS Registration Forms to initiate the registration process.
- The student and parent(s) will schedule and attend a guided Parent & Student School Tour to complete the registration process.
The enrollment lottery for EAS is conducted by Lake Washington School District (LWSD) and includes students whose completed applications have been received by the district-designated application deadline. The lottery date is set by LWSD.
Computer generated lottery numbers will be randomly assigned to all applicants. Incoming 6th graders will be placed in the school by lottery number order until all vacancies are filled. Students whose lottery numbers exceed the maximum enrollment number will be placed on a waitlist.
Acceptance and Waitlist notifications will be sent to all applicants upon completion of the lottery. Students who accept placement must attend a school tour with one or both parents as the first step in the registration process. In addition, students accepting placement will be required to complete and submit all EAS registration documents by the school-designated due date.
Waitlisted students will be notified in lottery number order if an opening occurs. Waitlisted students should enroll at their neighborhood middle school as it is not possible for us to determine if or when an opening might occur.