Parent volunteers are essential for the success of EAS programs! School staff and the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) coordinate committees and individual parents to support and assist in facilitating a wide range of school projects and activities. Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving and chaperoning students on field study days and adventure learning excursions
- Driving and chaperoning students for Wednesday Electives
- Facilitating special school projects and enrichment activities
- Assisting with administrative tasks in support of the school
All EAS families are asked to make an annual volunteer commitment to the school and each family is responsible for recording and electronically reporting their volunteer service hours to EAS. Families can use the Volunteer Hours Tracking Log to manually track their volunteer time throughout the year. Periodically throughout the year, families will be reminded to electronically submit their volunteer time via the online submissions form. This is the only method we use to track each family's volunteer time throughout the year.
How many volunteer hours should I submit?
Below is a list of common volunteer activities and the standard hours to submit.
- Camps: 16 hours per day for each day at camp (5 days = 80 hours)
- April Adventures / Spring Trips: 16 hours per day for each day of the trip
- Laptop check out / check in: 4 hours, even if it takes less time!
- Locker cleaning / combo reset: 3 hours, even if it takes less time!
- Tent cleaning: 2 hours per tent
- Vision & Hearing screening: 2 hours
- Wednesday Electives: variable
- Community Stewardship: variable
- Bingo: variable
- Health Fair: variable
- End-of-Year Celebration: variable
- Graduation: variable